Mother’s Day is this coming Sunday. It is one of the most commercial holidays in the United States. Lots of cards and gifts are given on this day to honor our mothers.
If you haven’t bought a gift yet this list will give you some ideas that she’ll appreciate. And the best part is they clutter free or mostly clutter free. There are also many that cost little or no money at all.
Clutter Free Gift Ideas
- Movie theaters
- Live theater, one show or season tickets
- Sporting events (my mother loved hockey and baseball)
- A day of pampering at a local day spa
Donation or Memberships:
- Donation in her honor to her favorite charity.
- Membership to a Public TV station or her favorite subscription website.
- Membership to a local museum, zoo, botanical garden, or other local attraction.
Clutter Free Gift Ideas – Mostly Your Time
“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” ~Kahlil Gibran
Gift Certificates for Your Service:
It’s easy to create a gift certificate on the computer and print it out. The certificate should state the service that is to be preformed. Here a few ideas. Many would work great for age appropriate grandchildren to give to their grandmother.
- Cleaning the garage or basement
- Yard-work (I give my mother-in-law geranuims each year for the flower pots on her condo porch. The gift includes planting them for her. It’s an unwritten yearly gift certificate.)
- Car washing
- Special household projects (painting, minor repairs, etc.)
- Dog/cat/pet sitting
Gift Certificates for Shared Activities:
These activities can range from free to expensive. The important part is that you do the activity together.
- A movie
- Lunch or dinner
- Special event
- Visit a local museum/attraction of their choice.
- Spend the day together at a local spa.
Almost Clutter Free Gift Ideas
Be aware of the kind of container the following items are in. You don’t want those to become clutter.
- Specialty Cookies
- Gourmet Cakes
- Gourmet coffee or tea
- Candy – If she is watching her diet look for a small but special candy she wouldn’t buy for herself.
- Fancy shower gels or bubblebath
If you can’t find a gift above that will work for your mother you can always give her a hug and tell her you love her.
“A hug is a great gift – one size fits all, and it’s easy to exchange.” ~Author Unknown
Happy Mother’s Day